Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life! And too, this blog.  I wish to chronicle my endeavors this year in becoming more self sufficient, live with more intention and mindfulness, and simplify.  I also wish to find lost arts, and arts new to me, learn to play music, return to painting and writing, and not least, raise an awesome kid.  A tall order for a period so short as a year.  So, let's get started!

Here is a list of things that are immediately on my mind:

Have a righteous garden
Growing at least 500lbs of food this year
Making my own oil from an oilseed variety that I grow
Canning more (waterbath)
Learn to pressure can (hubs got me one for christmas!), and can the bejesus out of my veggies


No comments:

Post a Comment