Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Spring Is Coming!

I finally, actually, ordered all my seeds for the upcoming season.  I wish I had gotten my act together sooner, but alas, I did not.  But, my seeds are officially ordered and on their merry little way to my eager hands.  I am so excited, I can almost taste the green zebra tomatoes, the bull's horn peppers, ground cherries, and brandywines.

I also included some culinary and medicinal herbs like basil, parsley, meadowsweet, valerian, and lady's mantle.  I can't wait to make some pesto, or a meadowsweet tincture, Or put my ass to sleep with some valerian root.



I dug out some blackberry today in the garden that I missed at the end of summer.  I didn't get very far before my shoulder started hurting, so my hubby took over, and I gathered up those ridiculously pesky vines that he dug out and tossed in my direction.

It felt good to be in the dirt.

Here is my seed list for the upcoming season.  All Heirloom and Organic. This does not include seed I already have or starts I may or may not be talked into buying.


Lavender, English, Tall
Parsley, Italian Dark Green Flat
Pepper, Chile Ancho/Poblano
Tomato, Pole San Marzano
Tomato, Pole Principe Borghese
Tomato, Pole Green Zebra
Tomato, Pole Brandywine Red & Yellow
Tomatillo, Toma Verde
Gourd, Hard-Shelled Long Handled Dipper
Kale, Russian Red,  
Bean, Dragon Langerie Wax, Bush,  
Bean, Good Mother Stallard, Dry, Pole
Carrot, Juwarot
Cucumber, Lemon,
Pepper, Corno di Toro Red , Sweet
Spinach, Low Acid
Ground Cherry, Aunt Molly’s
Sunflower, Oilseed
Basil, Sweet,
Valerian
Feverfew
Meadowsweet
Herb, Lady's Mantle
Skullcap

No comments:

Post a Comment